Five Lessons on Culture…And My Gift to You!
The first step to creating culture is understanding what your culture is like and identifying the weak areas.
What do you want it to look like? How do you want people to act? What do you want their attitudes to be? How should they treat each other? Should they treat the internal customer differently than the external customer? Did they even realize there is an internal customer?
Additionally, if you spend time focusing on your culture, it’ll change the pool of people you get to hire from.
Champions want to be in a place where they can work hard, get a pat on the back, get paid well, don’t have to worry about gossip or backstabbing, and can go home looking forward to the next day.
On the other hand, bad culture literally breeds bad team members. It attracts people who were looking for a way to throw their feet up on the desk, talk badly about people, gossip, and get paid for something they didn’t really work that hard for.
You get to choose the culture you create, but it all starts when YOU make a difference in your culture.
So ask yourself, “How does your team act and what are their attitudes?”
Your answer is a key indicator on whether or not you’ve got a healthy company culture.
Five Free Audio Lessons on Culture!
Inc. Magazine brought me in to do a talk specifically on this topic. I gave them five things every business must understand about creating culture.
Those five audio lessons are available to you as part of a free weekly download when you subscribe to this blog. If you’re already a subscriber, thank you! You’ll receive an email shortly with a download link.
For the next five consecutive weeks, I’ll send you a free audio lesson on each component of creating a healthy team culture:
- Week 1 – Force It: How to force good culture instead of bad culture being forced on you.
- Week 2 – Teach It: How to teach what good culture looks like. If you’re not the one setting culture standards, than somebody else is doing it for you and believe me, bad culture spreads like wildfire.
- Week 3 – Recognize It: People do what they’re recognized for. How to create a culture that attracts champions.
- Week 4 – Attack It: Got gossip? Are employees showing up late? How to be proactive and attack the bad culture.
- Week 5 – Repeat It: To create great culture, you have to repeat it over and over. Here’s how.
Get the Five Free Audio Lessons on Culture – Click Here!