How to Create a KRA (Key Results Area)
Key Results Areas are all about increasing productivity on your team because everyone knows what winning looks like in their role.
The major goal of a key results area is to improve communication…
If you’re not using KRAs, you and your team members are flying blind and being reactive instead of proactive.
What’s a Key Results Area:
A KRA is a list of the most important tasks you do every day to win. It’s a job description on steroids.
A good KRA includes the ongoing responsibilities of the position, and the purpose and benefits of performing those responsibilities.
Tasks and activities that focus on one or more specific areas are grouped together.
Whatever is expected must be in writing, reviewed, agreed upon, and signed by both the employee and the leader so there’s no confusion when something isn’t getting done.
Here are several Sample KRAs to help you get started.
How To Develop a KRA:
The KRA should outline three to six major areas, with four to five bullets under each area drilling down on specific tasks.
- Set aside an hour to the evaluate how you are currently spending your time and write down a list of things you do (or should be doing).
- Ask yourself, “What makes my position essential to the success of the company?” What are you working on everyday to reach your mission and goals?
- Make sure each key results area is specific, measurable, actionable, and essential. If you don’t do it, no one else will. If you do it, you’ll win and the company will succeed.
- Ask yourself, “Are there tasks or areas that can be delegated?” Delegation increases your productivity.
- Review your key result areas frequently, and make sure your goals align with your daily tasks.
- If you need help creating your KRAs, inquire about our 1 hour KRA training. We can quickly help you develop KRAs for your entire team.
Question: How important are KRAs to your team members winning?
GAIN ACCESS to OUR MOST POWERFUL LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES
You want to grow a business that runs smoothly as well as have confidence in how to lead your team to unity, focus, and success. You also desire to make a difference and an impact in both your team and your customers lives.
But so many leaders experience a lack of team buy-in, or have a team that doesn’t know how to execute. All the while, those same leaders are asking themselves, “do I have what it takes as a leader to lead this team or business well” and, “does business have to be this difficult to be successful”?
Now here’s the thing…The problem isn’t your leadership, the problem is that you haven’t been taught HOW to overcome these obstacles and make the changes stick. Next-Level Leadership LIVE Event teaches a 3-part system on how to grow your business by scaling it correctly, lead your team more effectively, and fuel growth with proven marketing and sales processes.
You’ll leave the event with greater communication to get the highest productivity, greater leadership skills to lead your team more confidently, and repeatable systems to drive greater, more predictable growth.
So if you’re ready to go from stress, failure, and lack of confidence in your leadership, to team unity, focus, and successful growth in your business, register for the Next-Level Leadership LIVE Event right now!