How To Move Forward When You Feel Stuck
I am all about solving problems, fixing things, getting my hands dirty, and discovering the why behind the what…but what do you do when you feel stuck?
Today on the podcast, we hear from Jill, who is struggling with just that.
“Hi Chris, my name is Jill, I’m 45, I am not married, never married, no kids and have found myself in a situation where I am not working, I’ve been looking for a job since November, I moved across the country two years ago and still am not connected at all.
I did that because I felt that’s what the Lord was asking me to do, but I know that I’m extremely closed down and I have a business, I’m an AdvoCare independent distributor, have been since 2002 and can’t seem to get myself to do that business and it’s all about not having a belief in myself.
I hear on your podcasts about life plan and agree that that’s exactly what I need to do but I found myself having zero money, no ability to get to it and honestly I don’t know what to do anymore. I‘m extremely unhappy and that’s not the kind of person I am, so any hope as far as advice or action plan would be very, very welcome.
Thanks Chris, I love everything you do.”
Wow! I know that there are a lot of people right now that can relate to Jill’s question.
Listen in to hear how to move forward. Here’s what I unpack:
- The God Factor – It’s in God that we get the answers and the direction.
- Isolation – it is amazing what happens when you are isolated and you’re left to your own thoughts which tend to contain some level of lies or some broken belief systems.
- Community – There are 2 aspects to community. Having it, having people around you to keep you from being isolated in your own thoughts. It’s also a community of people that are sharing the same experience. When you have that community of people sharing the same experience, growth happens.
- Understand Your Root System – When you gain perspective on your root system, you can see how and why you make decisions the way you do. You can identify what training or beliefs are there that aren’t healthy and hold you back. When you understand why you make decisions the way you do, you can change them.
- Depression – Do the things that refuels you, whatever that is.
- Diet & Exercise – Get sugar as far away from you as you can, and get your body moving!