Michael Hyatt’s Platform
Michael Hyatt‘s new book, Platform, Get Noticed in a Noisy World, was our topic of discussion on the EntreLeadership Podcast today. Mike is one of my heroes in the whole blog/social media/marketing world, so I’m really excited to be able to share this with you!
The book is all about building a social media platform in a world that is moving that direction at lightning speed. For a great example of that, check out Social Media Revolution. It will blow your mind!
We must understand that traditional marketing is becoming archaic. Nowadays people have so many options to choose from, it’s easy for your message to get lost. Worse than that, you might be promoting to the wrong crowd.
Here are just a few of the things we will be talking about today:
- How to build your social media platform. Michael shares how he built his platform to more than 300,000 unique visitors a month on MichaelHyatt.com, 123,000 Twitter followers, and more than 11,000 Facebook followers.
- The importance of social media for every business. So many companies think social media isn’t necessary. But Mike will share how social media can help you make a much bigger splash in your marketplace for considerably less money.
- How to make your message better and separate it from the noise. It’s not that we need more messages from each company — we just need the right ones.
- How to build a tribe to carry your message further than you can. With the advent of the social media environment came what is now called the tribe — the folks who believe in your product so much that they are excited to tell others about it.
It’s a powerful interview for leaders and owners who are looking to spread their message on a much larger scale.
Platform is a must-read for all leaders and owners. Not only is it an amazing book, Mike is also giving away $375.98 to everyone who buys a copy this week and e-mails him the receipt. Learn about that here.
And because it’s a must-have book, I am giving away five copies AND the extra $375.98 worth of extras! In order to qualify, you must first:
- Leave a comment below by answering the question.
- Fill out the contact form. Don’t put your mailing info in the comment.
- Tweet a link to this post. If you don’t have Twitter, you can use Facebook.
I will pick the winners June 1 based on their comments. If you are selected, I will notify you by email.
If that’s not enough, here is the continuation of the Michael Hyatt interview that only ChrisLoCurto.com readers get to hear:
Question: Why do you want a copy of Platform?