Are you afraid of other peoples opinions of you? Do you always seem to attract folks who need rescuing?
Well…you just might be a people pleaser.
Quite a few people who come through Next-Level Life struggle with being a people pleaser and finding their worth in the acceptance of other people. It can control them.
When your life always revolves around being a people pleaser, you actually end up losing life.
It robs you of your authentic self, and it all comes from a person’s Root System.
The way to think about Root System is that we’re all the sum of what’s happened in the past, and the influence we’ve allowed in, and that’s from where we make every decision…like people pleasing.
In this episode of The Chris LoCurto Show, I discuss 10 signs you may be a people pleaser.
Here’s a breakdown of the 10 signs:
1. You end up doing things for others in hopes that they will do things for you.
2. You become frustrated when people don’t love you back.
3. You’re guarded and you don’t let people in so that you don’t get hurt.
4. You’re always afraid of other people’s opinions of you.
5. You feel you are worth less than other people.
6. You attract takers and people who always need to be rescued.
7. You always apologize for things that you do. You blame yourself.
8. You become a victim of constructive criticism.
9. You neglect you.
10. You let opportunities and life pass you by.
If that list sounds a lot like you and you found yourself saying, “That’s me!”, I encourage you to learn more about Next-Level Life.
Your worth is not dependent on someone else’s opinion of you. It’s dependent on God, and what He thinks of you matters most.
Find your significance in Him! He’s crazy about you!