Excellence is created, not demanded
Have you ever experienced lack of excellence with another company or person? You have to fight for a refund you were guaranteed…customer service calls…Rude staff…
These are the things that drive us crazy in day-to-day life, and influence who we choose to do business with!
Think about it this way…imagine you’re part of team or leading a team that shows up to work on time and ready to give their all every morning. They’re doing high-quality work, and know what’s next. If there’s a problems it’s solved and corrected quickly, and they take personal responsibility. Everyone works together as a team, without gossip or blaming others. Clients are taken care of exceptionally well. There isn’t anyone being careless about work or lacking diligence…
Excellence is something so many business owners and leaders automatically expect from their team, but does the team know what excellence looks like in the first place?
Here are 2 ways to create excellence in your workplace this week:
Key Action Items:
- What a lack of excellence looks like [0:55]
- What excellence in the workplace looks like [4:11]
- The first thing you have to ask yourself/the place to start if you want your team to be excellent [6:08]
- How to approach training your team on excellence [7:25]
- How to create a culture of excellence by teaching excellence [8:23]
- Where to put your leadership focus to ensure your team takes on excellence [10:08]
- Your weekly action step #1: how to reward excellence so it’s repeated [12:56]
- Action step #2: how to stop a lack of excellence in its tracks [15:06]