5 Ways To Work As Unto God, Not People
We spend so much of our lives in our work-life trying to please people, whether we’re a team member, in leadership or a business owner. In this episode you’ll learn 5 ways to work to please God, not people.
- We spend the majority of our lives working to try and please people
- Your worth does not come from your boss or a person in your life thinking you’re amazing with what you do at work. You’re worth to the company is what you produce, but your worth ultimately comes from what God thinks of you, and He thinks you’re pretty amazing – He’s crazy in love with you.
- Working to please God does not always mean loving your job.
- God’s plans are greater than ANY plans we have.
- Our stories are not our own, they are God’s.
- Bringing yourself down to the level of those around you will only hold you back, and make you less marketable for your next opportunity.
- What man intends for evil, God intends for good.
Key Action Items:
- Understand that this is God’s story…not ours. [9:18]
- Believe God has a plan for you…regardless of your environment. [14:24]
- Don’t bring yourself down to the level of others. [17:35]
- Focus on how you can bless others around you. [18:53]
- Talk to God. [21:53]
Henri Nouwen: The Return Of The Prodigal Son
Henri Nouwen: Life Of The Beloved