[lbdesign_button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/chris-locurto/id522095976?mt=2″ size=”medium” target=”_blank”]iTunes[/lbdesign_button] [lbdesign_button link=”http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-chris-locurto-show” size=”medium” target=”_blank”]Stitcher Radio[/lbdesign_button] [lbdesign_button link=”https://soundcloud.com/chrislocurto” size=”medium” target=”_blank”]SoundCloud[/lbdesign_button]
For leaders, it can be difficult to deal with mental health in the workplace. It’s not an easy topic, and many leaders do not have the resources and tools they need to make their employees successful.
For today’s Q&A we dive into this question:
“I have employees who are responsible for doing advertising sales, and just over a year ago I hired a disabled military vet with PTSD. This is my first experience as a business owner with hiring veterans and while I’m compassionate to his challenges, I really don’t understand them. I also recently hired another individual who was a victim of years of abuse. I am committed to finding ways to provide them with the tools they need to succeed. They have a great work ethic, but I feel like I’m failing them. What do I do to address the situation?”
This is a difficult, powerful subject. Here’s what you’ll discover in this episode:
- How to lead a team member with PTSD or other trauma
- The tools and resources you need as a leader dealing with employee’s mental health
- Understanding PTSD triggers, and “fight or flight” mode
- Where these responses come from in their Root System
- How fear attacks the brain
- The biggest piece of healing PTSD
- What food, diet, and EMDR have to do with PTSD
- What part Next-Level Life plays in recovery
- A just “getting over yourself,” or “solving this” mindset is detrimental
- How to turn your focus away from trauma
If you want to be on the show and have your question answered by me, it’s easy to do now. Get on the schedule here.
Next-Level Life Event
Thanks for listening folks!
Share the love
If you enjoyed the podcast, please share it! Check out the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Let us know…
Reviews are insanely helpful. I read each and every one of them! Please leave an honest review for Chris LoCurto Show Podcast.
Want more? Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes!