Team Members vs. Employees
There’s a world of difference between having “Team Members” and having “Employees.”
Leaders and business owners want more productivity on their teams. They want excellence. They want their teams and team members operating at 100%, getting results, driving, being creative, making the business successful. No laziness, no poor quality work…
How do you get this team?
One of the biggest factors to this is how you view your team. Do you have team members or employees?
Here’s how to inspire loyalty, buy-in, and productivity using two words this week:
Key Action Items:
- Hear what excellence on a team looks like [0:37]
- Learn one of the biggest factors to getting excellence on a team, so you can replicate it [1:09]
- Discover the difference between “team members” and “employees” and how it affects your bottom line [2:25]
- How to influence your team every week to inspire loyalty, buy-in, and productivity [7:31]
- How to tax the collective intelligence to get buy in from your team starting now [7:53]
- How to get results by treating your team with dignity and respect [14:12]
- Learn one of the best things you can do for your team members to respect them [20:06]
- Value your team by understanding everyone has a Root System [22:22]
- Make sure you’re not demotivating your team with good intentions [26:00]