How To Train Up High-Performing Leaders
If you have the wrong people in leadership roles, training them to be excellent and developing their leadership will be an uphill battle, and it just may be in vain.
Before you start this process, make sure you’ve listened to Episode #281: How To Spot Potential Leaders.
- If you expect your leaders “know what to do,” and just give them directives – you’ve already set them up for failure.
- Servant leadership is a necessary requirement when raising up leaders.
- There are wrong ways to handle failure, and solve problems…in this episode I share the 5 questions I ALWAYS ask to solve problems and handle failure on my team.
- Solving people problems is far more important than solving business problems.
- It’s okay to let your leadership “squirm” – you can’t “solve” their problems
- Don’t let teachable moments pass you by…they are one of your leaders’ greatest opportunities for growth.
- If you’re in the Leadership Crazy Cycle, you can’t do any of the above
Teaching future leaders how to solve problems is paramount. So is turning the above takeaways into action. Here’s how to make excellent leadership a habit:
This week’s key action items:
- Creating your “Leadership list” to bring the right focus and priority to the process [2:00]
- Evaluating your “Leadership list” for the most effective training [4:30]
- How to implement The Leadership Team Meeting to unify your leadership [7:00]
- How to prepare your team to lead meetings, interviews, etc to duplicate yourself [12:45]
- Capitalizing on “teachable moments” to grow leaders exponentially [15:24]
- The 5 question process to SOLVE problems and handle failure productively [17:43]