Everyone is in sales!
The way to sell properly is to understand who you are selling to.
When you know the personality style you are selling to then you can change the way you give information.
Use these sales techniques to gain the advantage.
Selling with DISC
Selling to High D’s:
- Give them info in soudbites. Short and sweet.
- What is it you are trying to sell? Give it to them in bullet points.
- Don’t give them a ton of info not in bullets.
- Once a high D has bought…STOP SELLING THEM. STOP TALKING.
Selling to High I’s:
- Remember they are all about people.
- Don’t go into the meeting giving them information right off the bat. Ask them how they are doing?
- But don’t be fake! Be genuinely interested in them.
- They wont hear a ton of details so follow up with them in a more detailed email.
- If you keep the meeting fun and energetic then you will get the sale.
Selling to High S’s:
- This is the most difficult style to sell to. Most people give up on them.
- They are always asking themselves “how is this going to impact the team?”.
- It takes them a long time to make the decision.
- Give them information. Teach them how your product, service will help the company, team.
- If you communicate to them how the organization will benefit, understand it will take a lot of follow up. But the effort is worth it!
Selling to High C’s:
- You have to have A LOT OF DETAIL to sell to high C’s. They don’t want salesmanship or hype.
- They just want the facts. It doesn’t need to be exciting.
- If they disagree with your facts…you lost the sale.
- Be prepared.
- Ask them, “Are there any questions?”.
- This allows them to give information back to you so you can fill in more information.
- And remember…DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL!!!