Same Bible + Middle Eastern Lens = Better Leadership
How can a ‘Middle Eastern lens’ make you a better leader?
On today’s episode, expert Kristi McLelland will reveal what the Bible teaches us about being a better leader — through a Middle Eastern perspective. Her words will impact your leadership actions, and maybe even change your life.
Kristi McLelland (who is teaching at the 2019 Next-Level Leadership LIVE Event) is a speaker, teacher, and professor at Williamson College with a Masters in Christian Education at Dallas Theological Seminary. She has dedicated her life to teaching people how to study the Bible for themselves, teaching, preaching, discipleship, writing about how God is better than we ever knew by teaching the Bible through a Middle Eastern lens. She leads phenomenal (yes, I can speak from experience) biblical study trips to Israel, Turkey & Greece.
Learn how a Middle Eastern perspective on the Bible can change your leadership, and life:
Going into the “midbar” to get your “divar” [8:48]
- What’s the point of spiritual disciplines like prayer, reading the word? [15:34]
- Why some leaders can’t “give” to those they serve [16:23]
- Understanding the Greco Roman style that influence our learning [17:27]
- How we misinterpret”God’s absence” in our lives [21:16]
- Why does God allow suffering, and what do we do about it in our leadership when we’re in struggle? [24:18]
- The key Jewish idiom in Jesus’ sermon on the mount [29:32]
- Three cultural norms that govern the Middle East, and give us insight into the context of the Bible [30:34]
- A question to ask of your leadership, that Jesus confronts us with on the sermon on the mount [32:02]
- Understanding God’s economy [33:04]
- The life-changing difference between the Middle Eastern lens of the Bible and the Western lens [36:59]
- The Bible is a story of God pursuing the lost, not judging them, but rescuing them [41:50]
[Tweet “Same Bible + Middle Eastern Lens = Better Leadership”]