Our guest today is Cliff Ravenscraft… The Podcast Answer Man!
In 2005 Cliff started podcasting about the TV show Lost and has been on a huge growth trajectory ever since.
He shares with us how he turned his passion into a business and how he took the scary leap into entrepreneurism.
Here’s what all we cover:
- How Cliff got into Podcasting
- How he uses Podcasting to Build Relationships
- Why he walked away from a $500k insurance agency gig
- What the TV Show LOST has to do with podcasting
- How he transitioned from hobby to full time career
- What you need to know about following your passion
- How Cliff lost 45 pounds
- The 10,000 hour rule applied to Podcasting
- The power of just starting
- The biggest mistakes when starting to grow your platform
- His advice to folks just starting out
This is a long podcast today!
For all you folks who have an 1+ hour commute…this is for you.
We cover a lot of ground.
Cliff shares his heart on so many great topics and it’s amazing!
Here’s the best way to follow Cliff:
And check out his “Podcasting A – Z” Course. It’s legit!
8 thoughts on “130 | Start Living and Turn Your Hobby Into A Business with Cliff Ravenscraft”
Totally awesome episode man! I love these kind of success stories. I love how it reveals how these businesses weren’t overnight successes, but were actually a result of years of hard work and dedication. Love it!
Keep ’em coming!
Best podcast episode I’ve ever heard! I got so much out of that podcast. It was JUST what I needed to hear.
Very absorbing story – well told. I’ve heard Cliff’s name from Michael Hyatt multiple times and wondered who this man is. Now I know – thank you both.
A few random things:
1. I got the Nazarene joke (I went to a Naz college)
2. Did you say “abso-stinkin’-lutely”? 😎
3. At 1 hour 3 minutes, the podcast interrupted itself and started over. It does this regularly – thought you might want to track it down.
Thanks for the note Jana! How are you listening to the show? via iTunes, Soundcloud, etc?
Keith, I think it is with Soundcloud. I just press the play arrow in the orange circle here on the podcast.
Thanks for following up.
You guys are both have inspired me. Thank you for helping me change!
Hi Brian! I work with Chris! So glad you liked this episode! Have you listened to the podcast long?