4 Mistakes Leaders Make In Goal Setting We do a lot of coaching around here…and we see countless leaders and business owners who set goals, and don’t hit them. But most of the time, it’s not because they didn’t try hard enough. These people are busting it. They had all the motivation, stuck with it, …
Subscribe in iTunes Your 5-step framework to setting business goals. This isn’t about setting personal goals, this is definitely NOT about New Year’s Resolutions. This is about business and leadership goals. There’s probably a much easier way than what you’re doing…Today I want to give you a framework to set your business goals. Here’s …
“Oh my gosh, Christmas is actually not that far away.” We are now getting close to the fourth quarter. We’re getting close to the fourth quarter of the year. Kids are back in school, people have finished their summer vacations, and while we want to get our brains plugged back in, we don’t think about what’s about …
Michael Hyatt joins me on the podcast today about his incredible new goal setting course, 5 Days To Your Best Year Ever.
You can absolutely make 2014 your best year ever but it’s not just going to happen. Making resolutions and having goals is a step in the right direction but to actually achieve meaningful goals, you need an action plan. In the Skype interview, Michael and I talk about:
- How to write S.M.A.R.T. goals (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, time-bound)
- Why looking into your past can change your future
- How to get motivated and stay motivated
- What happens if you don’t achieve your goal(s)
- Why you should focus on 5 to 7 goals that are career and life oriented
- How to get off your “BUT”
- What to do about people that don’t support your goals
Before I dig into the video lesson, I have to send a huge thank you to everyone that has given survey feedback! Your responses and comments have been incredible!
Today’s video lesson is the final question and answer from this series. Jen (the wonderful host of The Iron Jen Show) asked for:
Goal setting is so much more than writing out a long list of goals and hoping you’ll get to them. You’ve got to take your overall vision or dream and break it down into steps.
- Make the action steps attainable, think bite size pieces.
- Break the goal into daily, weekly or monthly targets.
- If you fall behind, catch up!
That way, you’ve got a roadmap to actually hit your ultimate goal.
Question: How do you get to your goals?