What do baby sea turtles and Christmas shopping in New York have in common?
They are both on my bucket list. (It’ll make sense after you listen)
I’m amazed that most people still don’t have a bucket list or goals!
Today we find out why they are so vital and why you need them to get unstuck.
We revisit Zig’s Wheel of Life, and discuss how it helps us focus and distribute our time so that we don’t have major gaps in our life.
Life is more than one week of vacation a year!
If you’ve been putting off your Bucket List maybe it’s time to GET AFTER IT.
Our Featured Dillanos Coffee for this episode:
- Finca Potosi – Columbia
- A floral lilac fragrance, hints of caramel and sweet lemon
- Medium body and a subtle vanilla finish
- Medium-Light Roast
19 thoughts on “56 | The Bucket List”
This topic is so much fun because I started my list, right when I joined the CLoTribe almost three years ago. BTW, I call mine the “Life List” because I don’t want to wait until I’m 98 to fulfill these :). As I check items off, I add more items to it. I can share some things I have checked off:
1. Attend an EntreLeadership event (March 2013)
2. Meet Dave Ramsey (March 2013)
3. Meet Chris LoCurto (April 2014)
4. Attend SCORRE conference (coming up next week)
Some scary ones:
1. Present a TED talk
2. Become a LifePlan coach
And a fun one:
1. Drive the Alaska Highway with my family
My husband and I want to hike the Triple Crown in the US! We plan on doing it within the next five years. Each trail takes up to six months so it is a big commitment, but worth it I am sure!
A few things come to mind:
1. Meet Chris – TBD
2. Pay off house early (be completely debt-free) – (tentatively Dec. 2016)
3. Family trip to Disney World – (tentatively Oct. 2017)
4. Trip to Ireland with wife – (tentatively March 2018)
5. Road-trip to various parts of the US with family
Wooohooo for debt-free living Josh!!
Go to Italy!
Swim with turtles. Tried once but the turtles had other plans.
Scuba dive certified
Take my daughter to New York. I told her when she is 16 we will go….. Oct 17 she will be 16! She is excited!
The list goes on……..
I love that you spent time talking about making a Bucket List! This is my year for checking off things on my bucket list…thanks to your encouragement! I traveled all around to watch Derek Jeter close out his 20 year career- NYC, Boston, Baltimore, I went to the Little League World Series, a Cubs game at Wrigley Field to see Clayton Kershaw pitch, and just got back from New Mexico’s balloon fiesta where I went up in a balloon! Living life to the fullest! Planning to go some place tropical for New Years and the Great wall of China next year!
You’ve got some cool items on your bucket list, Jill! 🙂
1. Put three kids thru college
2. Three words: Viking River Cruise.
3. Lifeplan with Chris (wink, wink!)
4. Crazy expansion of the business. More team members. Helping people and businesses win!
5. Speak at a Christian men’s event.
Another great one. Way to go, sir.
I think Joel Fortner can help you with #3, Mike 🙂
It’s not from Joel’s lack of trying.
So are you waiting for the stars to align, or do you require a personal invitation in the mail? 😉
Wow! Things that I would like to do. I have already met Dave Ramsey at a Legacy event, but now I would like to meet him again at the Entreleadership Master Series. I so much would love to have a Life Coaching meeting with Chris and also talk to him about God’s love as it deals with his mom and stepdaughter.
Of course be debt free. Get a summer home in Victoria British Columbia so as to get out of the Las Vegas summer heat. Also to meet other inspirational people in the CLO tribe like Lilly.
Thanks, Barry! I’m honored. And if you want to beat Las Vegas summer heat, experiencing a Minnesota winter may help you change your mind 🙂
Minnesota winter! Nooooooo!
I love this Coffee with Chris! Really got me thinking about a lot of the things I’ve said, “One day I’ll…..” Time to sit down and see which are keepers, maybe’s and never minds . I know one that is a keeper, and I have no idea how I’m going to accomplish it. No matter, it is definitely staying on my list and holding a pretty high spot. That is to ride my motorcycle on at least 2 other continents. I would love to have the time and money to take several months and just GO. No destination, no plan. Just me, a camera and some cash. As for putting that one on the calendar it will probably be another 20 or 25 years minimum. Got 3 wonderful kids (6, 3, and 1) Right now the time with them and raising them to be 2 strong women and 1 strong man are far more important. Luckily, I know there will be things on my list that I can do now or in the near future. Some of those items will have the added benefit of including my kids and wife.
1. Deliver a TED Talk (pursuing local TEDx Events currently)
2. Publish a #1 Best Selling Book (Book almost completely written, will self publish this year)
3. Secure an income strategy that will allow me to have freedom from schedule (in progress…shhh)
4. Travel with Wife & Son to Europe (U.K., France, Italy), Japan, and Australia (only after #5)
5. Be completely debt free (paid off almost $75k over past two years, only 5k left!!)
Congrats on paying off your debt!
Excellent approach Chris. I believe to bucket list along with the do’s, don’ts etc other lists. I’m thinking about the web of lists we have in our everyday (personal and professional) life.
1. More balance between personal – working life
2. More quality time with my family
3. Startup and new business, expand your professional reach
4. Build 1-2 excellent products, webminars, etc / build remarkable content
5. Write 1-2 more (e)books
6. Work/develop/keep better my health/fitness
7. Take a fitness/mental challenge and succeed
Great podcast Chris! On my bucket list: Get to Baby Step 7 and be debt free!