The Worst Kind Of Leadership
Today we’re talking about the worst kind of leadership. Now some of you are probably sitting there thinking…I know what this is about, I’ve had terrible leaders before. Some of you may be thinking, oh gosh, is this going to be about me today? It’s possible!
The kind of leadership we’re talking about today is selfish, disrespectful, and childish.
- Leadership by its very definition means to lead people a title, an office, a desk, a business card, or even having a team does NOT make you a leader.
- Your job as a leader is to make your team successful, not the other way around! When you make them successful, you never have to focus on what whether or not they’re getting stuff done for you, right? That’s the whole concept.
- Punishing a team member is the worst kind of leadership in my book
- If you’re focus is on you as a leader, you will miss important teachable moments
- Bad leadership happens when you make it about you
- Punishing your team through blame, yelling, or other tactics will cause you to lose the respect and loyalty of your team
Key Action Items:
- Discover the absolute worst kind of leadership [7:43]
- What NOT to do in leadership, the actions that hold your team back [8:25]
- How to assess your own leadership [11:45]
- Get out of the Leadership Crazy Cycle [14:04]