How To Create A KRA (Key Result Areas)
On this episode of The Chris LoCurto Show, we’re discussing how to create a KRA (Key Results Areas). The KRA is all about increasing productivity on your team, because everyone knows what winning looks like in their role when you have a proper KRA in place.
The major goal of a KRA is to improve communication…
If you’re not using KRAs, you and your team members are most likely being reactive instead of proactive
What’s a KRA?:
A KRA is a list of the most important tasks you do every day to win. It’s a job description on steroids.
- A good KRA includes the ongoing responsibilities of the position, and the purpose and benefits of performing those responsibilities.
- Tasks and activities that focus on one or more specific areas are grouped together.
- Whatever is expected must be in writing, reviewed, agreed upon, and signed by both the employee and the leader so there’s no confusion when something isn’t getting done.
How To Develop a KRA:
The KRA should outline three to six major areas, with four to five bullets under each area drilling down on specific tasks.
- Set aside an hour to the evaluate how you are currently spending your time and write down a list of things you do (or should be doing).
- Ask yourself, “What makes my position essential to the success of the company?” What are you working on everyday to reach your mission and goals?
- Make sure each key results areas are specific, measurable, actionable, and essential. If you don’t do it, no one else will. If you do it, you’ll win and the company will succeed.
- Ask yourself, “Are there tasks or areas that can be delegated?” Delegation increases your productivity.
- Review your key result areas frequently, and make sure your goals align with your daily tasks.
Click Here For More on KRA
Interested in more? Here are some related articles:
Get the tools to grow your team’s productivity, get better results, and become the effective leader your team needs at Chris LoCurto’s 2020 Next-Level Leadership LIVE Event!
Discover how to close the gap between where you are and where you want to be with your leadership.
Register NOW and save $200 on your tickets.